English is a skill to me. I still prefer my mother tongue and still think in Hindi when I speak Hindi.I speak in English only in following scenarios
- When other party has real trouble with Hindi. For example south Indians or North west Indians.
- When common language is English in group etc.
- When my speech involves a lot many technical terms in English.
- When the person I am speaking with doubts my proficiency in English and some times tries to be over smart. After removing his doubts I return to Hindi.
- In interviews where English (Good English) = More money.
In any case I love my mother (tongue) more than my Aunt (tongue) and I am not at all ashamed of the disclosure.