I recently crossed one million views. My observations (Just confirms 80/20 rule).
According to the 80/20 rule (for the uninitiated), 80% of your results come from 20% of efforts. I had two viral answers and they completed the race for me.
- What life lessons have you learnt after coming to Mumbai? 393,627 views,11k up votes (Almost 20% of my total views).
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned in the corporate world? 225,519 views , 7.3 k up votes (Again around 15% of total views).
- What is the biggest scam that every Indian must be aware of? 115,763 views , 810 up votes (Around 7 % of total views).
- What are a girl’s secrets that a boy shouldn’t/doesn’t know? 66,734 views , 3.5 k upvotes (Around 4% of total views).
- What are the 20 things that an Indian guy must own? 66,178 views, 456 up votes (Around 4% of total views)
- What are some interesting tricks to read a person you just met? 53,945 views, 462 up votes (Around 3% of total views)
Let me break the stats for you
- My top two answers work out to be 35% of my total views. I wrote 1616 answers till date.
- My top six answers garnered 53% of my views. You can calculate effort to results ratio yourself here. 1/2 % of efforts produced about 50% of results!
- Analysis like this confirms world wise success everywhere. Even in financial success it is well studied that very rich people did series of good work followed by at least one stupendous work.
- There is no second Sholay by Ramesh Sippy.
- Bill gates was never successful in replicating Windows success with any of its products even though he had ample resources.
- For many stalwarts, they have series of successes but only few outstanding ones. Sachin only has one double ton and so on.