Although I have written a similar answer, I want to add another perspective.
- Getting even with your skill set (Office Office) : Life begins at 40 but takes birth at 20.
- You shall get a sudden realization that all your tricks,skill set learned at college,school,from friends etc. amounts to almost zero!. Yes every thing in life has a different learning curve.You start to learn each day and getting shocked more often when your preconceived notion like : Loyalty,friendship,comradeship,trustworthiness,honesty,hard work,helping attitude etc. take a sudden blow!. In your job specially you realize that there are no friends,your boss wants to fuck you more often than you imagine (Genderless! but in different way), at the end of the day your degrees,your IQ score,your track record,co curricular activities,certificates,recommendations etc. are not more than a shit.Only one thing which matters, is your performance.
- You get to realize funny statement of Rahul Gandhi in a more philosophical way : Politics is in my pants and in my shirt.
- Every body is political in your office.There are groups,favorites,casteism,religion or what ever you never thought existed,everywhere (In a subtle way though).[pullquote]People are ruthless when it comes to saving their ASS.They always look for a ‘new’ scapegoat to take all the blame![/pullquote]
- The person sweetest to you in your office is your greatest enemy and competitor.
- People are ruthless when it comes to saving their ASS.They always look for a ‘new’ scapegoat to take all the blame!
- You will learn more lessons every six months than all your life before till 20.
- Most difficult thing to digest in early 20s after rocking college life with brother like friends that ‘Each penny counts and you got to repay it to your colleagues’. Better start to learn ‘How to keep mental spreadsheet of expenses “on you,by them”.
- Office girls are most unlike your college girls.Your ‘Dating Quotient’ is tied to your designation,power and off course money!. It’s all about money,honey.[pullquote]After 25 you will see sudden break up spree in your office and friend circle.Girls in this age bracket tend to get ‘practical’ very fast and pressure from their parents becomes unbearable just in few days time.[/pullquote]
- There are some secrets in office about you which every one knows, except you! (Especially your negatives as described by ‘Boss’).
- You can’t even insult your peon and get away with it without facing the mercy,no love.
- After 25 you will see sudden break up spree in your office and friend circle.Girls in this age bracket tend to get ‘practical’ very fast and pressure from their parents becomes unbearable just in few days time.
- You feel of committing suicide at least a couple of times in your 20s (may be mood swing).
- You best friend is still your old dog.
- Movies and their story line are bull shit.You get this enlightenment in this age bracket only.Those crappy love songs look like ‘madness’ bestowed with ‘mania’.
- This is the age when people’s loyalty changes from Arijit singh to Honey singh!
- After reading all those points you will console your self that this is too general and won’t happen with you!
- The adulthood and freedom you have been waiting for so long suddenly look more like a burden. You are an adult it yourself. will become your favorite ‘jargon’ (Which you hear).
College life is something like facebook and office life is more of LinkedIn.