I shall keep this answer short.
Investing in markets is about knowing a whole bunch of things.
- Technicals (Very Important)
- Business cycles
- Manipulation of markets, news and fraud practices.
- Market cycles. When bullish market discounts all bad news and when bearish it discounts all good news.
- General health of economy.
- Ability to differentiate between bad news and real bad news.
- Art and science of averaging, pyramiding etc.
- Investing psychology
Thus not just EQ, IQ but a whole bunch of things. Remember earning money in markets is simple (Just click of a button) but not easy.
If you trade you can find me hereon Nifty SGX forum…