I haven’t read all answers but got a feel from few of them. I have my own list.
- Getting desperate to get a girlfriend. It’s a trend since last 10 years that a girlfriend less guy or boy friend less girl is treated as a ‘untouchable’ in friends community!. The people without a so called ‘friend’ are termed as ‘unnatural’ and ‘needing’ sex therapy![pullquote]Half of India gets married only because all their friends are married!. [/pullquote]
- Criticizing (bashing) our country. Enough hypocrisy. We are habitual to criticize our country and blame every one else around excluding our selves for every thing wrong from filthiness to corruption.
- Getting married. Half of India gets married only because all their friends are married!. Marriage is also a social pressure as getting into a ‘relationship’.
- Alcohol (Daru) and smoking. Alcohol(Smoking) is a major social fabric now a days. If you don’t drink then half of the parties you are NOT invited and for other half you don’t know they exist!
- Experimenting with sexuality. Ahh you are still a virgin!. Being virgin even after crossing the ‘legal’ age of 13 is considered a crime today!. The greatest excuse for it is that ‘we are just experimenting with our sexuality’!. Being a virgin is a down market thing now days.
- Becoming writer : Yes it applies to most of us.Everyone has a writer in them but everyone can’t write. We all consider ourselves to be a great writer just by seeing that ‘Most viewed writer’ tag on Quora. [pullquote]Writing is an art.It takes blood and sweat to become a published writer and author.[/pullquote]Although many of us have the potential to become good writers, I don’t think every one who copied stories from FB and other Quora answers and getting 1k upvotes is a writer.Writing is an art.It takes blood and sweat to become a published writer and author.Yes many of writers here can become good writers and authors but they must be willing to work hard and not just a pastime activity.
- Bashing Chetan Bhagat, Honey Singh : I don’t want to go into the debate of who is better and who is not. But accept the fact that they are celebrities and they have something in them to take them to the top.If we are not even 10% of them we do not have any moral right to bash them.[pullquote]I love English language but as a skill. I still think in our mother tongue and prefer to talk to people in my mother tongue,if I think that they understand that.I never trade my traditional mother for modern StepMom![/pullquote]
- Having a negative view of our own countries and traditions : We hate our language (Rather love English), our culture and values are Desi and western culture is ‘upright’. I love English language but as a skill. I still think in our mother tongue and prefer to talk to people in my mother tongue,if I think that they understand that.I never trade my traditional mother for modern step Mom!
via What are some things that Indians do mostly because others do it?