10 reasons why your resume gets rejected by employers
- Too long : CV is just information and not a autobiography. Keep it short and simple stupid (KISS).
- Too short : If you are not a celebrity and your signature had yet become your CV, don’t write one line resume.
- Ideal length is one page for anyone having less than 5 years of experience.
- Maximum length should be 2 pages.
- Avoid bio data type details like father name, address, hobbies, FB profile link etc. Give when asked.
- Resumes have scanning time of 30 second. Starting paragraph is utmost importance.
- Include relevant and right keywords as most resumes are sorted by software.Typically punch in keywords described in job description of employer’s advertisement.
- Avoid subjective word like hard working, sincere, result oriented etc. Focus on results you actually delivered. List accomplishments, however insignificant they might be.
- Always write expected salary as negotiable.
- Never badmouth about your previous employer in your resume on in interview.