No, but these things are to be taken into account.
- If you are soul copyright holder and content is not commercialized, yes you can do it.
- Many websites have a precondition (like Quora) that you need to attribute a link that the content was previously published in Quora etc.
- For joint copyright holders and commercialized content, permission from concerned (written) has to be obtained.
- If you sold your work as a ghost writer then you no longer have any rights for the content.
- In every writing assignment I did (ghost as well as original), it was always mentioned that I can use the content for my private purpose or private circulation. I was also allowed to reference my own (non ghost ) work in my future public and elsewhere. This was all in my US calculus text book contract and I guess this is the standard.
- This is the primary difference between being a writer and a Author. Author has more discretionary power with him. This is why organizations demand originals for ghost works, just to nullify Authors power.